Thursday, April 7, 2011

subway style meatball sub













Why pay to go to Subway? It's much more affordable to eat at home.

So why not recreate one of Subway's yummy subs at home!?


I started by grinding the leftover croutons in my bullet.

then I mixed that into my meat with the three egg yokes I have leftover from yesterday's cupcakes.

I shaped my meat into little balls and put them in a lightly oiled frying pan.

I cooked them on medium swirling them around so they would be all brown.

I then added the leftover pizza sauce and cooked the meatballs in the sauce.

I had added some water to the bottle to use it all up but then my sauce was too thin...so I added a little can of tomato paste and it did the trick, it thickened up the tomato sauce a little.


I added a couple bay leaves for flavour.


I chopped up radishes, onions, red pepper and tomatoes all in their own little bowls.

I shredded cheddar cheese and offered grated parmesan cheese as well.

I place everything on the dining room table for everyone to help themselves and make their own meatball sub.







No comments:

Post a Comment